Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Drumroll, please....

Well, here it is - my first blog....myspace excluded. This page has been created as an outlet for me, and hopefully it will give everyone a little insight into the life of a mom to a child with "special medical needs". When I think about the days and endless nights I spent searching for information about children with lung problems, children with feeding tubes....a lot of the information I came up with was from medical journals. Not very heartening or personalized. It didn't give me a good idea of what I had ahead of me. Would it be awful? Would I be able to handle it? How did other moms do it? Surely there must be some mom, somewhere, that has gone through something similar. Did her baby still smile? Did he laugh? Was he happy? Did people stare? Any personal info would have been great.
So hopefully, some mom, somewhere, will stumble across this blog in the middle of the night and realize that there is, indeed, sunshine in Holland.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

As your Mother, I can rightly say that I am very proud of you, and the woman you have become. Motherhood has been good for you, and has also tested you as nothing else ever will. You thought life was tough when you were 15...ha! It was a cake walk compared to the road you walk along now. Keep being an inspiration to other Mothers who are only starting their journey to Holland!
I love you,
Mom

Fawn said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! It is quite addicting, I might add. :)

Captured by Kate said...

hi cass! i recognized you from liz's page from myspace. i read through your blog, and i think you're an amazing mom. you have so much on your plate, and you handle it with so much grace and humor! you take such good care of your kids, and are so devoted to them. little pax is so sweet. what an amazing mother and baby story. i'm sure other mothers with children with medical needs find your blog a source of great comfort. :o)
love,
katie